After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, She invented humor.
Sexual activity, indeed the frenetic preoccupation with sex that characterizes Western culture, is in many cases not the expression of a sexual interest at all, but rather a search for the satisfaction of the need for simple contact. Ashley Montagu
Never do to others what you would not like them to do to you.
Confucius 450 BCE
The very first version of the Golden Rule
The most common way people give up their power is not realizing they have it in the first place.
Books about and for Women. And Men, too!
- Feminine Genius: The Provocative Path to Waking Up and Turning On the Wisdom of Being a Woman, by LiYana Silver, 2017, ISBN 9781622038299
- Reveal: a Sacred Manual for Getting Spiritually Naked, by Meggan Watterson, 2013, ISBN 1401938205
- Desire, by Saida Desilets, 2018, ISBN 978-1628655322; [short]
- Womb Awakening: Initiatory Wisdom from the Creatrix of All Life, by Azra Bertrand, ISBN 978-1-59143-279-1
- Extended Massive Orgasm: How You Can Give and Receive Intense Sexual Pleasure, by Steve Bodansky and Vera Bodansky, 2000, ISBN 0091857430
- Wild Mercy: Living the Fierce and Tender Wisdom of the Women Mystics, by Mirabai Starr, 2019, ISBN 1683641566
- Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit & Joy in the Female Body, by Tami Lynn Kent, 2011, ISBN 1582702845
- The Wild Woman's Way: Unlock Your Full Potential for Pleasure, Power, and Fulfillment, by Michaela Boehm , 2018, ISBN 1501179888
- Woman – An Intimate Geography, by Natalie Angier, 1999, ISBN 0385498411
- Vagina: A New Biography, by Naomi Wolf, 2013, ISBN 1844086895
- The Wise Wound, by Penelope Shuttle & Peter Redgrove, 1999, ISBN 9780714534053
- Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype, by Clarissa Pinkola Estés, 1996, ISBN 978-0345409874; [archetypes]
- Goddesses Never Age: The Secret Prescription for Radiance, Vitality, and Well-Being, by Christiane Northrup, 2016, ISBN 1401945953; [covers many topics]
- The Feminine Face of God: The Unfolding of the Sacred in Women, by Sherry Ruth Anderson, 1992, ISBN 0553352660
- When God Was a Woman, by Merlin Stone, 1978, ISBN 015696158X
- Who Cooked the Last Super? The Women’s History of the World, by Rosalind Miles, 1988, 2001, ISBN 0609806955
- Mothers and Others: The Evolutionary Origins of Mutual Understanding, by Sarah Blaffer Hrdy, ISBN 978-0674060326
- Woman as Healer, by by Jeanne Achterberg, 1991, ISBN 0877736162
- The Circle of Nine: An Archetypal Journey To Awaken The Divine Feminine Within, by Cherry Gilchrist, 2018, ISBN 1578636329
- The Yoni: Sacred Symbol of Female Creative Power, by Rufus C. Camphausen, 1996, ISBN 0892815620; [pictorial]
- Return of the Great Goddess, by Burleigh Muten, 1994, ISBN 1556706081
- The Shambhala Anthology of Women’s Spiritual Poetry, by Aliki Barnstone, ISBN 1570629757
- Urgent Message from Mother – Gather the Women, Save the World, by Jean Shinoda Bolen, ISBN 1573243531
- The Moon Under Her Feet – the Story of Mari Magdalene in the Service of the Great Mother, by Clysta Kinstler, 1989, ISBN 978-0062504975; fiction
- Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga, by Sally Kempton, 2013, ISBN 1604079444
- A Mind of Its Own – a Cultural History of the Penis, by David M. Friedman, 2001, ISBN 0142002593
New lovers seek perfection.
Seasoned lovers learn the art of sewing scraps together and seeing beauty in a multitude of patches.
When trust is broken, it automatically sends our brain into -
- forage (unhealthy eating),
- fuck (unhealthy or risky sex),
- flock (people pleasing), and
Braving the Wilderness, by Brené Brown
Boundaries – clear; when boundaries are not clear, ask.
I hold my boundaries and respect your boundaries.
consent – must be willing to accept “no.”
Reliability – consistent over time; trustworthy; aware of competencies and limitations; not hustling for worthiness
Accountability – blaming, humiliation and dehumanization are not acceptable.
When I make a mistake, I own it, apologize, & make amends, and expect the same from others.
Vault – confidentiality
I don’t talk about you to others or about others to you.
gossip is a bid for connection.
civility honors confidentiality.
Integrity – choosing courage over comfort.
choosing what is right over fun, fast and easy.
practicing my values; not just professing them.
Non-judgment – asking for help without self-judgment of myself and without judgment of the person asking me for help.
Generosity – assuming positive intent and giving the benefit of the doubt.
At the end of the day,
at the end of the week,
and at the end of my life,
I want to be able to say that I contributed more than I criticized.
~ Brené Brown
If the only 2 tools you have in your tool bag are shaming and coddling, that's a sorry-ass tool bag.
Love is not how you feel.
Love is how you behave.